Original Medicare covers most of the cost associated with health care services and supplies but you’ll still pay copayments, coinsurance and deductibles. If you are hoping to find a way to cover those additional costs a Medigap plan may be the solution you are looking for. Here are a few things you should know about Medigap:
- Medigap is a policy that is added to Medicare Parts A and B. It’s different from a Medicare Advantage plan which may have additional benefits. You cannot have a Medigap policy in addition to a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Medigap covers only one person. Each spouse in a household will need their own Medigap plan.
- Medicare will pay its share of your healthcare costs and then a Medigap plan will step in to cover its share.
- Medigap policies are sold through private insurance companies. You’ll pay a monthly premium for the policy, in addition to the monthly premium you pay for Medicare parts A and B.
- As long as you pay your premium your policy cannot be cancelled. It is guaranteed renewable each year.
- Medigap policies do not cover prescription drugs. You’ll need to buy a Part D plan to cover prescriptions.
Medigap does not cover things like dental, hearing, vision or long-term care. These services may be covered by a Medicare Advantage plan for the Kingman and Bullhead City Area.
If you’re having trouble deciding which Medicare plan might be best for you and your situation, Contact the CSG Medicare Pros. Our agents are experienced and licensed specializing in Medicare Health Insurance providing Medicare (parts A and B), Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicare Advantage (Part C) and Medicare Prescription (Part D) plans. We serve Medicare recipients in every county in Arizona including in the cities of Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Apache Junction, Gilbert, Tucson, Kingman, Bullhead City, Prescott, Flagstaff, Yuma, Sierra Vista and more. CSG Medicare Insurance Agents are independent, licensed and appointed with multiple insurance carriers to give you a wide variety of choice. For more information, call (480) 635-4050 or (928) 263-8500.