Technology is changing and improving at a rapid pace and while it may be moving faster than we can keep up with, there are some benefits to staying tech savvy into your older years. Technology can help you stay connected to loved ones, find new ways to stay active and make life easier with apps that can deliver groceries or remind you of important activities. If you’re looking to stay tech savvy in your retirement here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Jump right in. Don’t be afraid to try out new technology. Most of it is free to use and the benefits out-weigh the risk. Don’t let fear of frustration keep you from trying new things. As great as it is, technology is known to fail from time to time. Don’t let one hiccup stop you from trying again.
- Reach out. With so many people owning smart phones and using social media today, chances are there’s someone nearby who could teach you a thing or two. Recruit a child, grandchild or friend to give you a few lessons. You may not even be aware of all that’s possible so be open to exploring new apps and ideas.
- Google it. Google is a great way to get questions answered. Usually you can even find a video to go along with the question you’ve asked.
- Write down the important things. When you create a new account, especially if there’s any payment information involved, write down the details. Keep this information somewhere that’s easy for you to remember.
- Read reviews. Be aware that there’s a lot of information on the internet that’s too good to be true. If it sounds sketchy, Google it. If it’s something you’re considering purchasing, search for photos or videos of the product in use. Make sure you know what you’re getting before you submit payment information.
- Take your time. There’s an endless amount of information out there. Don’t feel like you need to learn everything at once. Be patient with yourself.
CSG Medicare Pros agents are experienced and licensed specializing in Medicare Health Insurance providing Medicare (parts A and B), Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicare Advantage (Part C) and Medicare Prescription (Part D) plans. We serve Medicare recipients in every county in Arizona including in the cities of Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Apache Junction, Phoenix, Gilbert, Tucson, Kingman, Bullhead City, Prescott, Flagstaff, Yuma, Sierra Vista and more. CSG Medicare Insurance Agents are independent, licensed and appointed with multiple insurance carriers to give you a wide variety of choice. For more information, call (480) 635-4050 or (928) 263-8500, or go to: https://csgmedicarepros.com/